Ads Top

Seoul - Table A Cat Cafe, Ewha University




I found this Scottish fold in a cat cafe near Ewha Womans University. Table A Cat Cafe is located at an alley near Ewha Woman's Fashion Street. The cats are so adorable.





The entrance fee include a drink. I ordered iced cafe latte, which is around W5,000. To my surprise, there were plenty of dishes to choose from in the menu, including main course like chicken teriyaki (W6,500), desserts like chocolate cheese cake (W4,500) and fruit juice (W5,500).



The area of this cat cafe is quite spacious. No weird smell or anything. I was the sole customer at 11:00 a.m.



The barista was really nice. He introduced the name of each cat (and kitten)  to me in English. I failed to remember the name of the cats :P



There is a chart in Korean detailing the name, character and gender of each feline in this cafe. There were 9 cats in this cafe, including 2 kittens (not yet included in this chart). The calico cat was taking the day off.



That was the first cat that welcomed me with enthusiasm when I first entered the shop. It immediately sat on my lap when I sat down on a chair. The cat refused to leave...



The second cat I saw was a pretty tortoiseshell. Tortoiseshell cats are almost exclusively female, with splotches of black, brown, amber, red, chocolate and white. This cat was calm and graceful. She quickly jumped onto a loft to escape...



When I turned around, I discovered my bag was being sabotaged by a kitten! Where does this kitten come from? As I tried to get acquainted with this little kitten, he quickly ran back to his mother (whose name was Nana?). His mother started staring at me...



The barista said these 2 kittens were very young, so the mother would act anxious and on guard when I tried to play with them.

Soon, I found another one - a calico kitten playing by the scratch post. The two kittens were very playful and energetic. They were chasing each other around in the cat cafe. The mother quietly watched over her kittens as they practiced their hunting skills...



Pretty soon, the kittens were tired. They headed to take a cat nap with their mom. The calico kitten enjoyed some quality bonding time with her mother, as I continued to play with the white kitten with a cat toy provided by the cafe.



When I headed back to my table to take a sip of the iced latte, I realized the sixth cat has occupied the table next to mine. This cat keeps licking and grooming itself. Its large emerald eyes looked absolutely stunning in the photos.



In contrast, this Siamese was not photogenic at all. It keeps turning its face away from the camera... A little camera shy, maybe?



Finally, a shadow emerged from the loft at the corner of the cafe...



It was a really innocent looking Scottish fold! This cat moves slowly and was every easy to photograph. Look at that tail. Look at its adorable face. The Scottish fold really enjoyed people scratching the back of its neck...



I stayed until 2:00 pm. I couldn't believe I spent 3 hours playing with cats! The best thing about Table A is that there is no time limit on how long you'd want to stay in the cat cafe.

This Scottish fold drew customers into the cat cafe like crazy. Soon, the place was crowded with Korean students and I decided it was time to leave. Before leaving, I ask the barista to mark the location of this cat cafe on the map...

I've no idea how I came across this cat cafe. It wasn't even on google map.



I would definitely recommend this cat cafe to everyone!


TABLE A (Ewha's Woman University Branch)
Operating hours: 11:00-22:00
Address: Ewhaeodae 5-gil, Seoul (the approximate location marked below)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.